The purpose of the cleaning rollers is to eliminate residual dust on the front and back sides of the cards before they are inserted into the printer. As a result, these rollers are systematically dirty. That is the sign that they are effective.
- Open the cover of the printing module.
- Remove the printer ribbon if one is present.
- Locate the 2 cleaning rollers and disengage them from their seats.
- Take a cleaning wipe provided by Evolis.
- Eliminate all of the dust by gently rubbing the wipe across the roller surface..
- Once the rollers are dry, replace them in the printer, making sure that they are installed properly.
- Put the ribbon back into in the printer.
- Close the cover.
- Wait two minutes for the cleaning solution to evaporate completely before using the printer.